TODAY will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let my words heal and not wound.
Accepts and embraces great challenges.
The most prolific days of my life won’t likely be easy. It’s not in the serenity of my comfort zone or the inactivity of a lazy day that drives greatness. Great demands drive the growth of great virtues. Contending with great challenges forms the foundation of greatness.
Think about a day from my past that ended with a sense of satisfaction. It’s not a day when I lounged around with nothing to do; it’s a day I had more to do than seemed possible, and I did it. When my mind is challenged by duties that engage my purpose, then those great virtues, which would otherwise lay dormant, come to life and help me grow into my greatest self.
- Care: I was just too tired & I didn’t sleep well. I took a deep breath before I left our house.
- Fun: I saw this funny video on FB, needed to share the laugh.
- Compliment: My dear friend loved this video & I loved to share my laugh, fun & love with her.
- A picture: I saw this pretty picture that MD gotta show me a pretty report. My thought made me happy. My intention of the day.
- Made things done: I finally caught up these unfinished tasks, yes, I can.
- I got it: I didn’t understand why it happen. I tested the configuration and it was alright. Yo, If you annoy this, I will gotta do something.
- Love your mistakes: Oeps! They overruled the rules and I got this mess to fix. I gotta report this. The problem solved.
- Happy news: Yes, the report looked great, well done & he was great! I was a happy girl.
- Tests: Yes, they are done & i waited for the results! Bring it on, beautiful!
- Support: The calls kept on coming in, what was going on? I asked for support, he gotta check out for me what has happened.
- Feedback & LCC: Yes, that’s right and it was a system malfunction last weekend. It was why the reports weren’t delivered. I appreciated his support, cooperation & care. He was an awesome fellow.
- Support & CoE: he asked for my support ,like all users “it always works” and the MFP didn’t work today. I suggested different possible solutions and he didn’t give a fuck to try. Then I asked him to try one last time, <Bam> it was his account and he needed to use his own account! DuH.
- Support: I asked for his support, i didn’t get it why there were 2 names for 1 MFP. Then he explained the configuration & rules to me. GREAT! Thank you so much & I learned new things everyday.
- Care: My sweet baboo has an ear infection, I asked and suggested that he should call the GP.