<Just My Thought about perfectionism>
Perfectionism is mindset that eats at me and my happiness. Saying yes to being imperfect can turn that around. Realize the costs of buying into myths of perfection.
By watching too many movies, listening to too many songs and just taking in
what the world is telling me it is very easy to be lulled into dreams of perfection. It sounds so good and wonderful and I want it and want to live it.
But in real life perfectionism can clash with reality and not only lead to lower self-esteem. It can also harm or possibly lead me to end relationships, jobs, projects etc. just because my expectations on myself and the world around are out of this world.
I find it very helpful to remind myself of this simple and sobering fact whenever
I get lost in a perfectionist head space.
- With my value of care, I woke up on time without the help of my alarm clock and I was ready for my day.
- With my value of clarity, I asked for support, my sweet baboo went to the dentist appointment with me.
- With my value of care & partnership, my dental hygienist greeted me & gave me her compliment. I shared my outfit successes with her and she was happy for me. Thank you.
- With my value of care & joy, I appreciated her care, I gave her my feedback and thank you again.
- With my value of love, I asked for support, my sweet baboo drove me safely to the tram stop. Thank you my love.
- With my value of excitement, I was on my way to the high tea party, I was excited to see my Ex-colleagues and we had some great chat. I was a happy girl.
- With my value of care & joy, they gave me their compliment, I appreciated their feedback and thank you so much.
- With my value of love, I shared our presents with my dear sweetie, she was happy & she appreciated our surprises. Two happy grils.
- With my value of care & partnership, I appreciated their special arrangement, a lactose free lunch for a special girl, me 😉 I was grateful for their support. It was yummy.
- With my value of commitment, I had a small lunch & some fresh fruits in this high tea, I had great chat with my friends/ex-colleagues and I didn’t gotta eat to be “gezellig”. It worked for me.
- With my value of joy, I appreciated the special afternoon, I gave them my compliment and I had a great time.
- With my value of care & partnership, he gave me his feedback, the big guy will be here tomorrow and I will get my xmas pressie. Woo Hoo!
- With my value of clarity & love, I gotta go to the next xmas party, I asked for my sweet baboo’s support, he gotta arrange meal for us. Thank you my love.
- With my value of care & partnership, I shared my successes, he was happy for me and he was surprised by my action, yes I am leaving this place for good. I was grateful for his support and his care.
- With my value of determination, I decided to go to the new company xmas party and signed in too. I gotta have fun.
- With my value of openness, I knew one person in this new company, I opened up, enjoyed my present and I knew 5 strangers in an hour.
- With my value of joy, I was the party, not the alcohol nor music nor food and I enjoyed my new friendship and new insight.
- With my value of love, I met mr T and I met his babies. We had a great laugh, good fun & thanks for being there.
- With my value of care & partnership, my new friend drove me safely to the station, I shared my events and successes and thank you so much.
- With my value of care, I have partied whole day, One of the best parties was: wore my dragon suit, youtubing and netflixing with my sweet baboo. Woo hoo.
- With my value of love & friendship, I appreciated his sweet message, I was grateful to have dear friend like him and thank you sweetie.
- With my value of love, I asked for my sweet baboo’s support, he clarified our day plan and we gotta pick up my xmas pressie at my Ex-work. Thanks darling.